Borough and County real estate taxes are mailed by March 1st of each year. The discount period ends on April 30th and the flat period ends on June 30th. The penalty period is from July 1st to December 31st. By mid-January all delinquent tax bills are turned over to the Berks County Tax Claim Bureau.
Real Estate Tax payments are accepted in the form of cash, check or money order made payable to "West Reading Tax Collector". Payments can be made at Borough Hall between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday or deposited in the after-hours drop box located in the Borough parking lot.
Credit card payments nor electronic transfer payments will be accepted for taxes.
Please address mailed payments to:
West Reading Tax Collector
500 Chestnut Street
West Reading, PA 19611
For questions regarding your tax bill please contact the Deputy Tax Collector at (610) 374-8273 ext. 225 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Tax Collector Sitting Dates:
The 2021 sitting dates have been cancelled. Please deposit your payments in the grey drop box located in the Borough Hall parking lot near the handicap ramp/police vehicles. Include a self addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a receipt.
Where: West Reading Borough Hall, 500 Chestnut Street, West Reading, PA 19611
Time: 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 19 - Cancelled
- Wednesday, April 21 - Cancelled
- Friday, April 23 - Cancelled
- Tuesday, April 27 - Cancelled
- Thursday, April 29 - Cancelled
- Friday, April 30 - Cancelled
West Reading Borough Tax Rates:
- Real Estate Tax - 7.25 mills
- Fire Protection Tax - 2.85 mills
- Infrastructure Tax - .75 mills
- Berks County Real Estate Tax - 7.6570 mills
- Wyomissing Area School District Tax - The Wyomissing Area School District real estate and per capita taxes are established by the school board. Payments are not accepted at Borough Hall. To obtain further information please contact the tax clerk at 610-374-0739 ext. 1101, email email@example.com or visit: http://www.wyoarea.org/departments/business_office/tax_bills
- Local Services Tax - $52.00 annually, payable to Berks County Earned Income Tax Bureau (Berks EIT).
- Business Privilege License - $35.00 annually, please contact Berks EIT at 610-372-8439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Reading Borough has not collected a Per Capita Tax since 2002.
|Janice Kaucher||Deputy Tax Collector||610-374-8273 ext. 225|