The West Reading Police Department consists of 13 sworn Police Officers, 2 Parking Enforcement Officers, 2 Administrative Aides, and our K-9 Officer, Falco helping keep the community safe. We are located in the West Reading Borough Hall at 500 Chestnut Street, West Reading, Pennsylvania.
The department is run by Chief Stephen Powell. Some functions of the department include:
- Aggressive Driving Enforcement Program
- Criminal Investigations
- Crime Prevention
- Childsafe Program (Gun Safety)
- D.A.R.E. Program
- K-9 Unit
- Motorcyle and Bicycle Patrols
- Parking Enforcement
- Youth Aid Program
Hours of Operation
The Police Department's front desk is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our Parking Enforcement Officer patrols our streets and issues parking tickets for violations.
Please check your street for sign postings, including those that are posted for the street cleaning program. Borough Crew Members may also post streets for other maintenance work as well as snow removal. - Learn More
- Curfew: Children under 18 years of age are not permitted on Borough streets after 9:30 pm and before 6:00 am unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Jay Walking: For your safety and the convenience of the persons driving, please use the crosswalks.
- Noise: Please be courteous to your neighbors and keep the volume to a reasonable level.