The recyclables that can be picked up at Pennsylvania curbsides have changed due to buying restrictions in China.
New guidelines take curbside pickup "back to basics". The fact is that some recycling actions make a bigger impact than others. So please remember these three basic rules the next time you recycle:
- Recycle clean bottles, cans, newspaper and cardboard.
- Keep food and liquid out of your recycling.
- No loose plastic bags and no bagged recyclables.
You'd be amazed by how big of an impact just following these simple rules can have!
Items that will be Accepted
- Newspapers and inserts (tied/bundled)
- Magazines and catalogs
- Plastics #1, 2 & 5 only
- Cardboard (tied/bundled)
- Metal food and beverage containers
Office paper will no longer be accepted.