On the first Friday of every month, each household may place one bulk item at the curb for collection with your trash. Items such as tires, appliances, water heaters, batteries, items with freon, etc will not be accepted. These items must be recycled at a recycling center. Please contact Berks County Solid Waste Authority at (610) 478-6362 or visit their website at www.co.berks.pa.us/swa.
Bulk items may weigh no more than 75 pounds nor exceed 5-feet in length.
Non-Acceptable Items for Bulk Pick-Up
- Tree branches, stumps or roots
- Leaves/grass clippings or bundles of brush
- Hazardous waste (paint, gas, kerosene, anti-freeze, propane tanks, etc.)
- Building mateiral (concrete, bricks, cinderblocks, etc.)
As the property owner/tenant, it is your responsibility to see that these large items are removed from your property. If you are unable to remove and properly dispose of the item(s) yourself, you will need to contact a private hauler.
- Eagle Disposal (717) 355-9560
- JD's Trash Disposal (610) 376-9324
- JP Mascaro & Sons (888) 627-2276
- Republic Services (800) 836-2143