RECYCLING COLLECTION OCCURS EVERY WEDNESDAY
- Rinse all containers.
- Crush plastic containers if possible to prevent blowing around the neighborhood.
- Do not break glass.
- Place loose items in blue Borough bins.
- Do not use plastic bags.
- Break down and bundle cardboard boxes.
- Recycle plastics with the number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- If possible, refrain from placing paper/cardboard out for collection if is is raining on the day of collection.
- Contact Borough Hall at 610-374-8273, ext. 221 to report a missed collection as soon as
possible to attempt to reroute the truck to your location.
Unsure how to dispose medical waste? Medical waste must be placed in the trash, not in with the recycling. Used needles must be placed into laundry detergent bottles and marked "hazardous", then they can be placed with the trash. Medical waste contaminates the entire load of recyclables and cannot be used.
PLEASE DO NOT RECYCLE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Pizza boxes
- Paper take-out containers
- Plastic bags
- Broken glass
- Window glass
- Dishes and glasses
- Light bulbs
- Paint cans
- Clothes hangers
- Plastic toys