Our Refuse Ordinance requires that trash be stored and placed out for collection in durable, watertight containers equipped with handles and tight fitting covers which cannot be larger than thirty-five (35) gallons. Refuse and recycling cannot be placed our for collection prior to Noon the day before collection and all containers must be removed by 11:59 p.m. the same day as collection and stored on your individual property. Containers are not to remain in the alleys or on the streets where you place them for collection. At no time are trash cans and recycling bins to be stored in the front of your property or on the front porch or yard area.
If you have any questions or wish to view the Ordinance please call or stop in Borough Hall in the Administration or Code Enforcement Department and we would be happy to assist you.
Trash collection is every Tuesday and Friday
Barrels are not to exceed 75 pounds.
- All refuse must be stored in durable, water-tight containers equipped with handles and tight-fitting covers which cannot be larger than thirty-five (35) gallons.
- Four (4) trash cans per household per trash collection day are allowed. Please do not place bulky items out for regular trash collection. One bulk item per household per month may be placed out for collection on the first Friday of the month.
- Please do not place trash/recycling out prior to Noon the day before collection and promptly remove your receptacle by midnight the day of collection.
- Please do not place bulky items out for regular collection. These items may placed out for collection on the 1st Friday of each month. Items such as tires, appliances, water heater, batteries and items containing freon will not be accepted.
- Electronic items such as microwaves, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, televisions and air conditioners will not be removed by the trash nor recycle haulers. These items must be recycled due to hazardous materials. Please contact Berks County Solid Waste Authority at 610-478-6362 or visit their website at www.co.berks.pa.us/swa for more information.
- Please mark your containers with your address in the event they would become lost or misplaced.
If it is raining on the day of recycling collection, please try to refrain from placing paper/cardboard out until the following week.
Please refrain from placing recyclables out for pickup on very windy days to prevent the light containers and/or papers from blowing out of the cans and littering the Borough streets and alleys. If you crush your plastic bottles this does reduce the chances of them blowing out of the containers.
If for some reason your trash or recycling was not picked up and you had it placed out in time, please contact Borough Hall at 610-374-8273, ext. 221 immediately to attempt to reroute the truck to your location.