The Pavilion, located at 505 Sycamore Road was built in 1939 by Wyomissing Industries, who also provided funds for the stone field house. This recreation facility is equipped with baseball/softball field, basketball and tennis courts, tot-lot, playground, outdoor exercise lot, community swimming pool, walking trails and a quarter-mile gravel track.
The Pavilion is available to Borough residents for gatherings and small parties. The facility rental provides three trash receptacles, three bathrooms with supplies and five large picnic tables. Rental of the Kitchen Area includes an additional six tables and forty-eight chairs.
$100 Pavilion Rental (50% due at booking; remainder due when key is obtained)
$50 Field Fee
$50 Kitchen Fee
$100 Security/Key Deposit (deposit to be returned after key is returned and inspection of the facility - CASH ONLY).
If you plan to utilize the field, the date and time must be confirmed with the Recreation Director prior to use.
1. A deposit must be made as soon as you book an event to guarantee your reservation. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis and are accepted up to 6 months in advance.
2. Renter must be a resident age 21 or older, proper identification and proof of residency is required.
3. Balance must be paid in full when picking up the key in addition to the $100 security/key deposit. The key must be returned to the Borough Hall on the next business day. Key deposits will be returned provided no damage to the facility has occurred, and the area is thoroughly cleaned upon completion of the activity and all refuse items are disposed of properly.
4. All activities must conclude prior to 10:30 PM. The premises must be vacated by 11:00 PM.
5. No alcohol, dogs, open fires or bounce house, unless proof of insurance is provided.
6. Maximum of up to 40 people are allowed in the Pavilion.
Contracts must be executed in person by the resident renting the facility. All regulations must be read and understood prior to signing the contract.
The following items must be completed prior to leaving the facility:
- Tables must be returned to the way you found them.
- Trash disposed of properly. If trash cans are full, you may place the trash in the dumpster by the red barn by the trail. Do not leave it laying on the ground next to the trash can.
- All decorations including debris removed.
For information regarding Pavilion rentals please contact Borough Hall at 610-374-8273, ext. 221.