Bicentennial House RentalThe Bicentennial House, located at 201 Playground Drive was introduced in 1976 by Elta K. Bitz.
The Bicentennial House is available to Borough residents for meetings, small parties, gatherings, and special events. The building has a large gathering room with a full kitchen and handicapped accessible bathrooms. It also has green landscape for entertainment.
The facility rental provides 10 large tables, 40 stacking chairs, fireplace with screen, microwave, stove, refrigerator, four covered waste receptacles, one open waste receptacle, step ladder, two fire extinguishers, American Flag stand, burglar alarm system, bathrooms with supplies and cleaning supplies.
Bicentennial House Fee: $225
$125 Facility Rental (50% due at booking; balance due to obtain a key)
$100 Security/Key Deposit (due prior to obtaining a key - CASH ONLY)
Please read the following list of rules and regulations:
1. A deposit must be made upon booking your event to guarantee your reservation. Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis and are accepted up to 6 months in advance.
2. Renter must be a Borough resident age 21 or older, proper identification and proof of residency are required.
3. Balance must be paid in full prior to obtaining the key in addition to the $100 security deposit. The key must be returned to the Borough Hall on the next business day. Security deposit will be returned provided there are no damages to the facility and all contents are cleaned and items disposed of properly.
4. All activities must be concluded prior to 10:30 PM. The premises must be vacated prior to 11:00 PM.
5. A maximum number of 40 people are permitted in the Bicentennial House.
6. Access to the Bicentennial House is guaranteed two-hours prior to your event. If additional time is needed you must obtain approval from West Reading Borough Hall.
7. No alcohol, dogs, candles (other than on a cake) or bounce house, unless proof of insurance is provided.
A contract must be filled out in person by the resident and all rules and regulations reviewed prior to signing the contract.
Should the hall become damaged in any way or has not been restored to the condition in which you found it the $100.00 security deposit will not be returned. Also, additional fees may be assessed based upon the damage incurred.
The following actions must be completed at the conclusion of your event:
For information regarding rental of the Bicentennial House, please contact Borough Hall at 610-374-8273, ext. 221.
- Tables and chairs must be returned to the way you found them.
- Trash must be placed in the dumpster and trash cans lined with bags (bags are located in the utility closet).
- All decorations, debris, including tape must be removed.
- The use of staples is prohibited.
- Remove all food and beverages from refrigerator, freezer, microwave and oven.
- Reset alarm prior to leaving the building.
- If both doors are opened ensure the right is latched from the inside.