With the help of the Berks County District Attorney's office, our Police Department was supplied with a medication box to assist the community in the disposal of their medications carefully and safely.
The medication drop box is located in the main lobby of the Police Department. Medication drop offs can be made between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM Monday thru Friday.
The following items will be accepted:
- Prescription medications in standard containers or sealed bags
- OTC (over the counter) medications, vitamins, drug samples and pet medications
- Liquid medications placed in plastic, leak proof containers placed inside a plastic bag
The following items WILL NOT be accepted:
- Loose pills (those not in containers/sealed bags)
- Syringes, thermometers, bloody or infectious waste
- Medications from businesses, hydrogen peroxide or other cleaning agents
- Aerosol cans and inhalers