Search
 

Menu

 

 

 

Carbon Monoxide Detectors



The Fire Department has recently received reports from residents that their Carbon Monoxide detectors were activating in their homes, and they were unsure of what they should do. 

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an invisible odorless gas that comes from burning fossil fuels such as gasoline, wood, coal, propane, oil, and methane.  When the fuels burn incompletely, CO is produced. 

If a CO detector activates, we can check your home with meters that we carry on our apparatus that can detect the presence of CO and we can validate the reasons for the detector's activation; you could be placing all of the occupants of your home in danger. 

If your detector activates, call 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY and evacuate your home to await our arrival.  Should you have any questions about CO or CO detectors, please contact the Fire Station at
610-372-9621.

 

 

 

Upcoming Event

 
Finance Committee Meeting
8/21/2017
See Details

 

The Borough of West Reading
500 Chestnut Street
West Reading, PA 19611
Office: 610-374-8273
Fax: 610-374-8419
E:mail: webmaster
Office Hours
Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.