Single Stream Recycling
Commingled Recyclable Materials Accepted:
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Glass food and beverage containers (brown, clear or green)
- Ferrous (iron) cans
- PET plastic containers with the symbol #1 (with screw tops only, caps removed)
- HDPE natural plastic containers with the symbol #2 (narrow neck containers only - milk and water bottles)
- HDPE pigmented plastic containers with the symbol #2 (narrow neck containers only, without caps - detergent, shampoo bottles, etc).
- Plastics with symbols #3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Corrugated cardboard
- Magazines/Catalogs/Telephone Books
- Cereal boxes
- Printer /Copier paper
Materials Not Accepted:
- Microwave trays
- Window or auto glass
- Light bulbs
- Plastics (without number recycle symbol)
- Coat hangers
- Glass cookware/ bake ware
- Household items such as cooking pots, toasters, etc.
- All glass containers must be empty and free of metal caps and rings and contain less than 5% food debris.
- All tin cans, bi-metal cans, and aluminum cans must be empty and contain less than 5% food debris.
- All aerosol cans must be empty with less than 5% content.
- All plastic containers must be empty, caps removed; less than 5% food debris.
- All fiber must be dry and free of food debris and other contaminating material.
- Tissues, paper towels or other paper that has been in contact with food is not acceptable.
Loads not meeting the above specifications may be rejected in whole or in part by the company.
Information from WM (Waste Management) - Recycle America; Single Stream Specifications (for Sales to WM Recycle America, L.L.C.)