Trash & Recycling
1) All refuse must be stored in durable, water-tight containers equipped with handles and tight-fitting lids which cannot be larger than thirty-five (35) gallons. It is recommended to mark your containers with your address.
2) Each household may place four (4) trash cans per collection day curbside for pickup. One bulk item per household will be collected on the first Friday of every month.
3) Trash/recycling may placed out for collection as Noon the day prior to collection and removed promptly or no later than midnight the day of collection.
4) Trash collection remains every Tuesday and Friday. Recycling collection remains every Wednesday.
5) Yard waste must be placed in biodegradable bags for trash collection or arrangements made with the Borough Garage for disposal. To schedule an appointment to drop-off the yard waste at the Borough Garage please call 610-374-8605 between the hours of 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The garage is located at 1st Avenue and Chestnut Street.
6) Electronic items such as microwaves, televisions, air conditioners, etc. will not be collected by the trash nor recycle haulers. These items must be recycled due to hazardous materials. Please contact Berks County Solid Waste Authority at 610-478-6362 or visit their website at www.co.berks.pa.us/swa for more information.